Change is a big part of growth. It’s also a big part of success.
“Success is based on how you handle difficult things well.” – Jeff Bezos
For a little over a month, I’ve been on a solo trip. I’ve met new people, experienced new things and visited new places. One of the main things I’ve concluded is no matter where you are, you can make the most out of life depending on how you view it. I left home at eighteen. I’ve lived in different states and countries. I’ve met people from different cultures. I have lived long enough to understand life can only be lived how you choose to live it. The location doesn’t matter. Your job or title doesn’t matter. Your family, friends, and environment doesn’t matter when it comes to how you CHOOSE to view life.
All of those factors matter when it comes to your experiences, but every experience brings a new lesson. I’ve always been a strong believer on you should live how you want to live and be who you choose to be. One of the main reasons I’m so successful is I’m not afraid to take risks. I also love change. I love experiencing new things. New people. New experiences. There is nothing better than learning who you are and who you are not.
Here are a few inevitable things to accept about life:
– Life will never be perfect, but it doesn’t mean life can’t be great
– Losing people and things doesn’t mean you failed. It means it’s time for something new.
– Your gut feeling is always right.
– How you allow someone to treat you is how they’ll always treat you.
– Chasing fame, popularity, and the idea of always being liked, will cost you. You’ll lose yourself in the mist of it all.
– Life is about being respected, not liked.
– Being real may bring enemies, but being fake is its on enemy. As long as you are liked, loved, and supported by the “right” people, you’ll always move forward.
– Timing is everything. Never rush the process. Enjoy it.
“I used to rush everything. Especially, when things weren’t going well. I thought if I forced it, things wouldn’t seem as bad. Or, they would go away. This was my mindset in life, relationships, everything. I finally learned after awhile, to let things happen the way they’re meant to happen, when they’re meant to happen. It’ll show you what’s meant to be. “ – Myeka Johnson
– Karma doesn’t always happen on the outside.
– Life is about meeting people where they are. This doesn’t mean you have to accept them. It means you’re willing to understand them.
– Being alone is better than being with the wrong people.
– People don’t break your heart, they break your expectations.
– Sometimes when you’re in a place of uncertainty, you feel uncomfortable and you no longer want to be there. Wait! You may be where you are for the right people or things.
– When people can no longer control you, they try to control your reputation. Don’t feel sorry for the people who do this, feel sorry for the people who believe them.
– Choose to be hated for who you are than loved for who you aren’t.